For those of you with sensitive skin, shaving can be a daunting task. In addition to inevitable nicks and cuts, you also have to worry about irritation, inflammation, and unsightly bumps. Don’t despair. There is a better way. Fortunately there are many useful shaving tips for sensitive skin available; there is also the electric shaver. The electric shaver is a great alternative to the traditional razor blade, especially for people with sensitive skin.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the best electric shavers for sensitive skin.
When choosing an electric shaver, opt for a foil shaver rather than a rotary one. Foil shavers are known to provide closer shaves with little to no skin irritation. They lift and straighten the hairs without pulling on them, which is what most rotary shavers are prone to do. But if you’re the type that usually lets your hair grow out a bit longer than most, rotary shavers tend to work better with longer hair.
You can also consider an electric shaver that will allow you to either shave wet or dry. Wet/dry shavers give you the option of using shaving cream or gel, decreasing the likelihood of irritation. The added moisture from the cream/gel will help the shaver glide more smoothly over the skin.
Most electric shavers have some kind of thirty day warranty or guarantee included with the purchase. Take this time to familiarize yourself with your new shaver. Get comfortable with handling it and knowledgeable about all its features. Doing so can enhance your electric shaving experience. If it doesn’t work out, then feel free to send it back.
So what exactly are the best electric shavers for sensitive skin?
Well, there are many electric shavers that are perfect for sensitive skin but here is the list of top rated electric shavers for sensitive skin, in no specific order:
Philips Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men Razor
The Panasonic ES-SA40-K Pro Curve Wet/Dry Shaver
Other shaving tips for sensitive skin:
- Shave in the shower or a steamy bathroom. The heat from the shower or steam will help pores open up, allowing for a closer and easier shave.
- Avoid shaving in the mornings when skin tends to be puffy and more sensitive. Instead, try to keep all shaving activities at night, after your skin has had all day to “wake up”.
- Never shave with a dull razor or blade. This will increase the chances for nicks and cuts.
- Use a gentle exfoliate or facial scrub before shaving. This, too, can help open pores, lift hairs and allows for a closer shave. It also minimizes the possibilities for inflammation or infection since exfoliating removes impurities and dead cells from the skin.
- Shave with the grain, not against it. Meaning, you should shave in the direction of hair growth. This will prevent unpleasant redness, rashes, ingrown hairs, and razor burns.
As you can see, shaving doesn’t always have to become a nightmare. There are plenty of tools and equipment one with sensitive skin can use while shaving. Just remember to follow these tips and the journey to smooth, shaved skin can soon be an enjoyable one.